10/31/2010

Interview with Jill Konrath, author of Snap Selling

Jill Konrath, author of Snap Selling


1) Let's begin talking about your book. In a short sentence, Jill, who should read Snap Selling? 

Salespeople, entrepreneurs, consultants who sell to into the business marketplace.


2) What's the book's biggest lesson?  

Fresh sales approaches are needed to be successful in today's business environment. Traditional selling skills are no longer sufficient for selling to crazy-busy people. 


3) Besides yours, what other sales books would you recommend? 

These are just a few I would recommend. But I honestly like a whole bunch.



4) What's the first thing someone should do after reading and putting down your book?

Go to my www.snapselling.com website, download the Buyer's Matrix and work on completing it. (Editor's note: you have to sign up first).

Understanding this info about your buyer is essential to capturing their attention and winning the business.


www.snapselling.com

About you:


5) What was your toughest sale ever? 

The one where I won the business, but lost it. After a grueling process competing for a telcom's sales training business, I was told that they loved me, loved my program and felt it was far superior to the others -- but they were going with the competitor anyways. 

Their reason? I was a small company and if I got hit by a Mack truck their whole sales training investment was at risk.


6) Most memorable sale? 

The one I walked away from. It was the end of the year. I was one sale short of qualifying for President's Club. The prospect was all set to buy, but didn't want to spend the money to get the appropriate system for their needs. 

So I declined to work with them, knowing that I was kissing the trip to London goodbye. Painful, but it was the right thing to do. Miraculously, another company called at the 12th hour and bought a system from me - so I ended up going on the trip. 


About your consulting:


7) What is the biggest mistake you see as a sales consultant? 

Failure to prepare. Too many salespeople/organizations are hooked on activity. They keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.


8) What are you working on right now that makes you feel energized? What's your next big project?

Right now, I'm doing a lot of speaking/training at annual sales meetings and conferences. I love being a wake-up call to salespeople, showing them fresh strategies that actually work with today's crazy-busy prospects. 

One of my next big projects is to create a train-the-trainer program so more people can be trained on these strategies.


9) What is the best testimonial/comment you have ever received? 

Virtually every day I get emails from people who tell me that my suggestions are having a huge impact on their success. I love them!

But I think the best testimonials come from my colleagues. I am deeply honored when other sales experts, trainers and consultants tell me that their copies of my books are underlined, dog-eared and filled with Post-It notes. 

That's when I realize I'm having an impact on their entire sales profession.

***

SNAP Selling: Speed Up Sales and Win More Business with Today's Frazzled Customers


To know more about Jill Konrath and Snap Selling, visit www.snapselling.com . 

No comments:

Post a Comment